innovation is a key component to Economic Development.
In our globally competitive world, no country, state or region
can rest on its laurels. Economic situations can change
rapidly, and the success of a region is based upon continuous
strategic economic development.
In order to meet the needs of current businesses and attract
new ones, a well-prepared workforce is necessary. That
requires people with an education that allows for lifelong
learning, people with knowledge and skills that are transferable
from job to job, and people with the confidence and vision
to see the opportunities before them.
North Carolina's Eastern
Region Development Commission is the economic development
agency for the 13-county region. The Commission offers confidential
site location assistance and information to companies considering
the Eastern Region for a business location or expansion.
The Eastern Region encompasses nearly 7,000 square miles,
with a population of approximately 1,000,000 and a workforce
of 470,000+. Several factors make the Region an excellent
location for manufacturers, distributors and other business
• Progressive business climate that fosters the growth
and success of your business
• Highly productive workforce with a broad diversity
• Nationally-recognized education and training resources
• Affordable labor, real estate, utility and living
• Large supply of quality industrial buildings and commercial
• Utility capacities to handle most manufacturing and
• Centrally located for superior access to eastern U.S.
• Quality of life that perennially ranks among America’s
Eastern Region Development Commission (NCER)
Highway 58 N
Duplin, Edgecombe, Greene, Jones, Lenoir, Nash, Onslow,
Pamlico, Pitt, Wayne and Wilson
The Eastern Region Wokforce Innovations Network
is a Collaborative Project of the following Economic and Workforce